Pages

Thursday 13 October 2016

Strategy Place Mat - Word Problems


L.I To comprehend word problems 

L.I To choose the ''best'' strategy to solve the problem
Today for our maths session we looked at some word problems. We looked at some word problems and had to show our strategy on how we go the answer. For our Must Do we had to pick two word problems and write down what is the question asking us to do for example Emily had $300 dollars for her birthday and she gave $100 dollars to his brother John to buy his new bike he wanted for years. The answer is asking us to subtract my clue is that it says gave which means something was given away. We also had to have 2 strategy having the same answer. After that some else had to check and reflect our work. It was a bit difficult to choosing which world problem I should do because there were a lot that was very good. I think for next time I should do harder word problems because I think these word problems were to easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment