Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

The Abandoned House - 5-7-10 Descriptive Writing

The Abandoned House


Everyone in my school is talking about how scary the abandoned house at Forest Street. They think no one in our school can go into the abandoned house not even look at it. Before I could say anything, I thought to myself, ‘would I be the first kid to see the abandoned house?’. So I decided to take the journey. I was voyaging through the damped forest searching for the abandoned house. They said that there was a family of 6 who were murdered by a man name Bram Stoker who is in prison for 20 years. I trudged past the bushes and I heard creepy noises coming towards me that was getting on my nerves. I look back and It was actually the leaves rustling around. I looked at the map and the abandoned house was 1 km away from where I was. On the map it says, “Do Not Enter The”. There were no words to finish the sentences which I was so agitated about. I wasn’t too sure about entering the abandoned house because I wasn’t brave enough. I remember the phrase my dad told me ‘If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life’. I finally reached the abandoned house just as the moon arrived in my sight. I opened the door slowly. I enter as a I take a quick selfie to prove to the kids in my school I actually went to the abandoned house. I look at the photo and something shocking came to my sight. There was a thin man behind me. I rapidly look back and there was no one to be seen. I think the kids in my school were right. It’s pretty creepy in here. I sprinted towards the river so I can have another look of the creepy man who was in my photo. I ran towards the city and was relieved to be back. Even though I didn’t stay long at the abandoned house I still have proof that I went there. There is also a picture to show students in my school. I thought to myself, ‘people in my school will be shock to hear what I've done’.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today for Writing Mrs Kirkpatrick chose a picture then we had to write a descriptive writing about the picture. The picture was based on a boy holding a map in the middle of the forest. The expectations were to use a mix of simple, compound and complex sentences. I have used all three and have highlighted it (Simple is yellow, Compound is purple, Complex is pink). We used 5-7-10 as part of writing. The 5-7-10 method is when you have 5 minutes to write as much sentences as you can about the picture. For this you don't need to worry about any spelling mistakes. Then you have 7 minutes to talk with your buddy about your story. During this 7 minutes you can use DRAFT (Delete, Rearrange, Add, Fix, Talk) to fix your story. You also use constructive feedback and feedfoward with your partner. After that you 10 minutes to finish writing your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment