Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey|Week 2 Day 3 Activities


Myself - I would call myself a night owl because I usually stay awake and either watch movies or play on my Xbox One S. 

2 Brothers - I call them night owls as well because there like me playing games and watching videos on you tube.

Parents - I would call my parents early rises because they usually go to sleep early for work or because there tired from work especially my mum who is on call all the time. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week for the Summer Learning Journey I needed to Solve a math problem. The math problem was A colossal squid can weigh as much as 495 kilograms (kg) the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? This answer that I have came up with is 33 adults and 8 kids. Here is my working out. 315+25+25+25+25+20+20+20+20+= 495. Did you know that the Colossal Squid can weigh as much as 495 kilograms which is approximately 500 kilograms. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today for the Summer Learning Journey I have completed Week 2 Day 3 activities. The activities I completed was based on a maths questions abut clossal squids, another activity based on the ingredients about Samoan Pancakes or panekeke in Samoan, and the other activity based on weather you were a night owl or early riser. The activity I enjoyed most was the activity based on the ingredients of the Samoan pancakes because once I finished the ingredients I told my mum and she actually cooked. It was delicous!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ofa,
    You have put a lot of work in your blog posts. The pankeke looks so good, I always get them because I am a Samoan and we eat those kind of food. I hope I see more blog posts for the summer learning journey.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ofa,

    What an outstanding blog post. Great idea for your blog post activities. The images look great, even with the Samoan cakes, "Yummmm". I agree with you for our parents. Great DLO with your Samoan Cakes. Congratulations for you math's thinking.

    Nice One!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ofa! Great job for these activities. Samoan cakes look yum, in Tongan I refer to them as Keke Balls. After reading your D.L.O about them, they sound pretty easy and simple to make. Have you made them before? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ofa!
    I love your recipe on how to cook Samoan Pankeke. I love having those Samoan pancakes, the last time I had them was on Christmas eve. Have you tried Samoan Pancakes? I have also done this activity.
    Keep it up - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ofa!,
    Your parents are quite different to you and your siblings!. Those pankeke is getting me hungry. I absolutely love pankeke!. I am wondering how did you get 315 in the start of the math equation!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Ofa, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's fantastic to see that you've completed a lot of activities. I like how so many of your friends and classmates are commenting on your blog too.

    I've really enjoyed reading your night owls and early risers activity. I think that I am most likely a night owl despite having to get up early for work. I also enjoy watching television shows, movies and playing on my phone late at night. I'm probably watching too many screens to be honest, I don't think it's good for sleep.

    Since people who stay up late are called night owls, what animal should early risers be called?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ofa,
    Good job on these activities, I must admit who doesn't like staying up late and playing games? Also, that is a lot of people to carry just one squid!
    Keep it up,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete