Pages

Friday 11 March 2016

KWL Chart For Lions

KWL Chart
Before you begin your research, list details in the first two columns. Fill in the last column after completing your research.


What I am learning:
What I know
What I want to learn
What I learned

  • I know that Lions are the largest cats.

  • I know that Lions have four legs.

  • I know that They are animal that have tails.

  • I know that lions live in the wild and some in the Zoo.

  • I know that Lion baby’s are called lion cubs.

  • I know that most lions live in Africa

  • I know that most lions catch their prey by biting its throat or by grabbing the back of it's neck and biting it.







  • I want to learn how fast they can run?

  • I want to learn how much years do they live in the wild?

  • I want to learn how do people know if it’s is a male or a female?

  • I want to learn how far can they leap or jump?

  • I want to learn what they eat?

  • I want to learn how do lions born there children's?

  • I want to learn where less of the lions live?

  • I want to learn When do lions migrate?





  • I learnt in the book that the moat of water around the lion’s space is nearly eight meters over and 2.5meters deep.

  • I learnt that there’s no possible chance of the lions having the wrong  of me.

  • I learnt lions have a strong sense of smell so the zoo staff sometimes attract the lion's interest by putting other animals in the lion's area or by giving them a sack that has been used by big apes, like the chimpanzees.

  • I learnt in the book that the super-safe watching windows for lion is forty millimeters wide.

  • I learnt that the lion’s meat comes in big, bony lumps that need enough of gripping and tearing.

Today I finished of My KWL Chart.The K stands for What I Know The W stands for What I Want to learn and the L is what I learnt. What I did was I had to get all my knowledge and right down What I know about Lions without any online sites. Next I had to write down what I want to learn about lions. Soon after that I had to read the book about lion and write down What I learnt about lions in the book. The new fact I learnt in the book was that there's no chance of lions having the wrong sort of meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment