Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Olympic - Trainning


Today for Inquiry we got moved to different groups. I got moved to Mr Orgivelles group which is Training. Our first task was to define What Physical Activity is. So we had to find images of Physical activities we know, so it could build us a picture/definition of what being active or physical activity means. We had to attribute the images we put into our slides as well so we know if we have permission to use the person who took the pictures. We also had to introduce the 3 areas of training or Physical Activity so within the same slide we had to create a slide for Strength , Endurance and Agility. We had to attribute as many images under the three areas. We were also needed to write down a definition of what Physical Activity is and list as many Olympic Sports Under the three areas/titles. I learnt that Physical Activity is any body movement that works your muscles and requires more energy than resting. Examples of Physical Activity: Walking , running ,  dancing , swimming , yoga.  I also learnt what the three areas/titles mean. So Endurance means the ability to keep doing something difficult , unpleasant , or painful for a long time. Agility means the ability to move about quickly and easily and Strength means the ability to do things that need a lot of physical or mental effort. I was struggling on attributing the images even do I have done it a lots of times. I think for next time I should list more Olympic Sports than possible under the three areas/titles because I think it is not enough.

1 comment:

  1. Ofa, great post!!! The DLO is good, but your description of learning and what you did gives a great insight in to what you learnt and how much you enjoyed and engaged with the learning. Personally I know how much you enjoy rugby and league and I hope you see the benefits of training and how you can train a certain area.

    ReplyDelete