Pages

Monday 17 October 2016

Inquiry - Animal Migration


For Inquiry today we were focusing on animal migration. What we had to do first was we had to get into groups of 3. After that in our groups we had to go on padlet and list down as many animal we think that migrates or have migrated. Animals that migrated in New Zealand we had to make it bold and italic. Soon we had to write down some information/facts about Godwits around the image that the Godwits migrate around. Soon after doing that we had to choose an animal that migrates was and create a image/map of their migration. We also had to answer Why do they migrate? and How far and how often does it happen?. My animal that I choose was a Salmon. I learnt that Godwits can fly about 12 000 km at one time (wow!) and that as they fly they use up the fat they have a plus some of their muscle tissue. I was a bit struggling on creating my image/map of my animal's migration. I think for next time I should focus on writing more New Zealand animals that migrate than other animals that are not New Zealand animals that migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment