Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 - Day 3 - Bonus Activity

Today I have completed one of the Summer Learning Journey activities. For this activity I had to write a convinced letter to my principal about what I would want to change about the school. I had to make sure that the the letter is polite and respectful. 

January 7, 2018

Ofa Latuila
9 Trent Rd
Panmure, Auckland

Dear Mr. Johnson, 

I have been thinking all day about having 5 days of school. I think we should have 4 days of doing school work like Reading, Writing and Reading and then on the 5th day (Friday) students can choose their favorite subject (e.g - art). This is similar to electives where we choose our favorite activities to do. This gives students a chance to learn their favorite subject instead of always doing Reading, Writing and Maths. I think this should happen because students have been improving in their academics and I think on Friday they should have a break. 

Sincerely,

Ofa Latuila

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ofa

    It's Allie again from the SLJ team.

    I really enjoyed reading your letter to your principal. I love the way that you have set it out. Great Job. Also you were very polite too.
    I really like the idea of having four days of structured learning like reading and writing and then being able to choose your favourite subject to do on Fridays.
    You could also make the rule if the students don't get through their work in the fours then they don't get to do the fun stuff on Friday.

    What would you choose? Would you be able to change the subject of what you do on a Friday?

    So if you wanted to do art one week, would you be able to do sport the week after? Or would you have to do the same thing.
    It would be great incentive for the students to do well with their learning.

    Fantastic idea and I really like the effort you have put into this activity.

    Keep up the awesome work Ofa

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ofa
    Great job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I like how you were nice and polite throughout the entire letter. I wouldn't mind doing a bit more art or science If we were allowed to. Keep up the amazing work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete