Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 - Day 5 - Activity 1

Today I did the first activity for the fifth day of the third week. For this activity I had to tell what I would need to pack if I was going to hike the Tongariro Crossing. I had to tell what I would bring with me. I had to write a list of at least 5 items.

What should I pack?

1. I would pack a bottle of water so I can stay hydrated.

2. I would also bring a map or compass just incase I get lost.

3. I would bring a first aid kit just incase I or someone gets hurt.

4. I would pack a phone to take pictures of my hike so I can share it with my friends and families.

5. The last thing I would bring is a little snack just incase I get hungry.



tongariro.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Ofa,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Another great post! Thanks for ordering these items too! You got some really important pieces of equipment there so that’s great. You seem really organised and know exactly what you are doing!
    It would be pretty cool to walk the Tangariro crossing someday! What do you reckon?
    I’ve seen family members and friends walk this track already, each and every one of them have come back with a camera FULL of stunning photos from the views to the actual volcanoes! It’s all very impressive!

    How long do you think the track is? I’ve heard some people stay at the log cabins along the way.

    Keep up the great work!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ofa
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Having a phone would be incredibly useful during a trip somewhere, because you can take pictures and call for help in the event of an emergency. Keep up the amazing work Ofa.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete