Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey - Bonus Activity - Hector's Dolphin

Hector’s dolphins are a very special native animal found only in New Zealand. They are the smallest dolphin in the world measuring 1.5 metres long. Sadly, many Hector’s dolphins are killed every year when they get caught in large fishing nets by fishermen. I think killing Hector's Dolphins should be banned in Farewell Spit because they are at risk of becoming extinct. I think killing the fishermen who fish Hector's Dolphins should be banned because there a lot of diffrent places to get fish.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ofa,
    Amazing blog post about the Hector they are so precious to New Zealand and they are phenomenal creatures that I have never seen before. I have definitely learnt something new today hopefully you did to. Have fun blogging your next activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ofa, I also agree that we should stop killing Hector's dolphin. They are a precious animal to New Zealand. Remember to proof read your work before you publish it on your blog. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ofa
    I also agree with you. They are only native to New Zealand and there aren't many Hector's dolphins left. In order for them to survive, we have to look after them. I think banning fishing in Farewell Spit is a small price to pay because people can just fish somewhere else. Keep up the amazing work Ofa!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ofa. I agree with you, people should be banned fishing at Farewell Spit. There are plenty other places people could fish. Another thing I agree with you is that there is a chance of the dolphins to become extinct, after all you can only find them in New Zealand. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete