Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 4 - Activity 1

Today for the Summer Learning Journey I have completed activity 1 for Day 4, Week 1. For this activity I had to to use google to research traditional Maori Waiata. I listed to a couple of Waiata and read the lyrics as well. The Waiata I found more interesting in was E te iwi e because we sing it at our school in assembly and because I know how to sing it. I love it when the junior Kapa Haka group sings it as well.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ofa,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Great work with this activity. That's great that you sing this at your school! It is a great waiata. What do the words mean, I wonder? I think it's important to know the meaning to a song and not just the tune.

    Do you enjoy singing? I love to sing but sometimes I sing too much and my family tells me to be quiet!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ofa
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. I also like it when we sing the waiata as the actions and music go really well together. I agree with you, it looks awesome when one of the Kapa Haka groups perform it. Well done.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete