Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 - Day 1 - Bonus Activity

Today for the Summer Learning journey I have completed the Bonus Activity for Day 1, Week 2. For the Bonus Activity I had to read the 'In Flanders Fields' poem which was written by John McCrae. After reading it I had to I had to give my oponion if I like it and how it makes me feel. I really liked this poem because it Ryhmed and when I read it out it sound amazing. As I was reading the second paragraph I felt a bit sad but I think this a very proud and amazed poem.
Upper body of a man in a soldier's uniform. He has short dark hair parted in the middle and maintains a neutral expression.
In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ofa,

    Good work! I really like what you have said about it being a proud poem. It makes me feel proud as well. Proud that New Zealand fought so bravely in the war. But it's also such a sad poem! Thinking about all those men who lost their lives in the war is very sad. Do you think that it's important to remember these men? I think it's very important.

    Lots of people lost family and friends during the war. How do you think they feel when they read this poem? It must be quite difficult for them.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ofa
    Well done on finishing this SLJ activity. I found it nice how someone made a very emotional poem about a war in which many people died. Which is your favorite part? Keep up the amazing work Ofa.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete