Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 4 - Activity 2

For the Summer Learning Journey I have completed Activity 2 for Day 4. For this activity I had to go on the  Rangatahi tu Rangatira website and choose one traditional maori game. I decided to pick Manu Ti. Their were three things to do for this task.

1. Whats the name

2. Your Goal

3. Two rules about the game

Manu Ti is the game I choose. Your goal for this game is to try and snatch objects from aother person. The objects your trying to snatch is a feathetr/paper. The two rules I found out is that the game requires a minimum of 2 people. The second rule is the equipment needed. You need a Raukura (Feather) pieces of paper, and a Tipare (headband).

Manu ti game photo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ofa,

    Great work with this activity! That sounds like a very interesting game. I've not heard of it before but I'm sure it would be a lot of fun. It would be great if you could add a link to your blog that shows all of the instructions so that people can give this a go if they would like to.

    Did you have a look at the games that are listed on the Summer Learning Journey website? One of my favourite is Poi Rakau. It's a great game! Have a look at these games and let me know if you've played any of these.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ofa
    Great job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Manu Ti looks like a fun and interesting game. I like how you included the Maori names for the items. Keep up the superb work Ofa.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete