Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Maths Problem | Involving Money


Today for our rich task Ms Kirkpatrick gave us a word problem to solve out which included 7 students and $202 that had to be given out. I have worked collaboratively with Jeremiah. We found this word problem easy because there were a methods we used which was reading the word problem backwards. This sounds unusual but it helped Jeremiah and I found our answers. The person who received the most money was Melisa who earned $49 and the person who received the less money was Liz who earned $7. I enjoyed solving out this problem and hope to do another one that is based on money and fractions.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ofa, it’s great to see that you collaborated with your classmate Jeremiah on this maths task! I really enjoyed listening to your presentation this morning at the Manaiakalani HQ. I was very impressed with your learning around the Olympics and I particularly loved the whakatauki your group created for the NZ Olympic team. Thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Nga mihi, Whaea Deb (Paparore School)

    ReplyDelete