Pages

Thursday 8 September 2016

Inquiry - Olympic - Hauora










L.I To understand what hauora is and what  it means to athletes past and present.

Today for Inquiry we got moved to different inquiry groups. I got moved to Mrs Anderson groups (which her topic was based on hauora). In this task first we in our partners had to attribute one image of a Olympic 2016 athlete. Pote (My Partner) and I did Eliza McCartney (who is in the women's Paul Vault). That was Challenge 1. Challenge 2 was in our partners we had to get another two people two make a group of 4 and in the groups of 4 we had to form the 4 pieces/walls of cardboard of hauora so they can stand on their own. The four walls/pieces of cardboard were called Taha Tinana (Physical Well Being : Example : Strong Flexible Muscles , Fueling Your Body) , Taha Hinengaro (Mental and Emotional Well Being : Example : Comping With Stress , Emotions) , Taha Whanau (Social Well Being : Example : Caring For Others , Team Spirit) and Taha Wairua (Spiritual Well Being : Example : Religion , Confidence to accept challenges). In challenge two we also had to think What happens if one wall/piece of hauora falls over and also had to list down all ideas in bullet points What effect could that have on a athlete and What effect could it have on me. Some of the Ideas we wrote down for athletes was they would be unfit they would have lose strength and they will have no confident. After that we had to write down What Hauora means to us. So their were 4 sections which were My family (the parts of Hauora my family cares about and connect to) , My Community (the parts of Hauora my school and community cares about and connect to) , My Connection (the parts of Hauora I care about  and connect to), and Hauora (what are the words I think of when I am thing about Hauora. I learnt that Hauora is the Maori Belief of health that is very special/unique to New Zealand. I was very struggling on getting the 4 pieces/walls  of hauora to stand to make a full Whare Tape Wha.

No comments:

Post a Comment