Pages

Friday 23 September 2016

Kiwi Sport - Circus


This week for Kiwi Sport (For Kiwi Sport this year the seniors are doing Run , Jump , Throw ,) We did a circus and there were 5 activities to do which was Discus Roll (Had to roll the discuss through two cones) , Hoop Throw (Had to use a hoop and use the discuss techniques to make the hoop go over the pole), Long Jump (We had to take a two footed take off from the line that was there and land as far as can and had to mark the back of the heel), Shot Put (We had to Push (throw) the ball so it land in the hoop), and Sprints (We had to run as many 50m hurdles shuttle as possible in 1 minute). First we got spit in to groups (There were 5 groups) . We were given a piece of paper that showed all 5 activities we were going to do and also the points. I learnt how to throw a Shot Put which is to stand side on , dirty fingers , clean palm , dirty neck , chin , knee, toe all in a row and Low to high watch it fly. I was a bit struggling on activity 2 (Hoop Throw) because I had to use the discuss technique which I didn't know that much. My favorite activity was the sprints which I did 6 runs in 1 minute, but I think for next time I should do more. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ofa! I hope you enjoyed the RJT sessions! It sounds like you learnt a lot which is great! And wow! 6 sprint shuttles is awesome!! Well done. And good to see you have a goal of improving next year. Remind me of that in 2017.
    Andy :)

    ReplyDelete